Friday, April 13, 2012

How/Where&How much is it to rent a jet ski

We are leaving for vacation to Myrtle Beach staying at Compass Cove in 11 days... We will be traveling to MB with our 21 yr old son and we thought it would be fun to rent a couple of jet skis but we don%26#39;t know how much they cost or where to pick them up at does anyone have any idea?



We have tried the banana boats in the past but we thought this would be more fun.



How/Where%26amp;How much is it to rent a jet ski


I think that you can rent them and the Parasailing place beside Crown Reef. I anit positive though.



How/Where%26amp;How much is it to rent a jet ski


JenLO,



When do you return? We%26#39;ll be going down on the 8th or 9th with about 12 of us so far and would love a report on Compass Cove!




Downwind Sails is where I would recommend. That is the one located at 29th Ave S on Ocean Blvd (between Crown Reef %26amp; Damons). They rent jet skis, banana boats, sail boats, ocean kayaks and they do parasailing. The jet skis rent as follows:



$60- 1/2 hour/single rider



$80- 1/2 hour/double rider



$90- 1 hour/single rider



$95- 1 hour/double rider





There are coupons for like $10 off you can pick up probably at the front desk of your hotel or in many of the coupon books around town. Have a great vacation!




Anybobnmb,



Thanks so much for the info.



Cee Ann,



I think when we stayed at Compass Cove during the Easter Holiday we looked for coupons in the office but they didn%26#39;t have any we walked next door to the Indigo Inn and they had tons.



We arrived at 3:30pm to check-in and the line was out the door and down past the enclosed pool area almost to the parking deck in front of the Schooner building but what we didn%26#39;t know was that they had 2 lines, one for people who had already checked-in and had been using the facilities waiting for their rooms to be cleaned and one for people like us that still needed to check-in. It only took us about 10 minutes once we figured out which line we needed to be in. During our stay we had a 2 room suite in the Pinnacle building and I felt like we spent over half of our vacation waiting on the elevators. The pools were very clean the room was recently updated but I hate that Pinnacle building. We usually stay in the Schooner building(which is the small motel building) We arrive on June 30 and depart July 8th and our confirmation states OF Schooner Jr Suite. I will keep you updated from my laptop.




Anybob,



My daughter just came back from Senior week and she saw a brochure for the jet skis and said the place you mentioned has a 2 hour sightseeing ride, have you heard anything about this?



10 days!!!




JenLO,



Thanks for the reply. We are booked in the OF 3 bedroom condo in the Mariner building (both damilies each have one). If you have or could get any info on the facilities, I would appreciate it. For example, what do they have besides so many pools? Arcade? How is the restaurant? Do you know or have any ideas as to what is in the kitchenettes and what I might have to bring from home or buy? I just want this to be a fun trip for my kids (since I%26#39;m not taking them with me to Jamaica in September, lol). Thanks a lot!




CeeAnne:





There is a game room and shuffleboard area outside. It%26#39;s a little drive up ocean boulevard to get to the pavilion area. Their breakfast buffet was good. We stayed there about 3 years ago so maybe it%26#39;s different I don%26#39;t know. The kitchenette in the Mariner building is actually a full kitchen. It is fully equipped with dishes as well. However, I always bring my favorite non-stick 10'; skillet whenever I stay in a hotel with a kitchen. Usually the pots and pans aren%26#39;t the greatest (no teflon).





What we do whenever there is a kitchen also, is buy (from home) a pack of paper plates/bowls enough for the entire time there. You really don%26#39;t want to have to wash too many dishes when on vacation.



If you want to eat on dinner plates, go to a restaurant.





-Bring your own paper towels.



-Bring sponges and dishcleaner. I also bring Windex w/vinegar to clean the countertops and kitchen area (I%26#39;m just a clean freak but I like to be comfortable.)



-Paper utensils.



If you don%26#39;t plan on doing much cooking don%26#39;t worry about that stuff. I however always like my favorite bowl of cereal in the morning with my Lactaid millk (which is never available in the hotels) so I buy it from the store. Also stock your refrigerator with bottled water and juice. Some of the snack areas can charge $2.00 for one bottle of water. You can get a case of 12 for $4.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment