Monday, April 23, 2012

Live from the Sea Island on the beach

I%26#39;m sitting in a 3 bdrm suite as I type! The hotel%26#39;s wireless internet service is up and running.



The resort is lovely and the view is even better! The beach access is outstanding and the beach uncrowded. The service of the hotel staff is fantastic- far superior than my expectations. I am travelling with children under the age of three and here are my opinions:



Pros: service, room size (absolutely enormous!), beach access, location, family atmosphere, comfy beds, very clean, overall very nice accomodations, kiddie pool completely shaded



Cons: no kiddie slide, no kiddie umbrella water feature (pictured on website but does not exist), pool complex smallish, no snack bar of any sort, no child locks on the sliders to the balcony, no child lock on the front door (deadbolt on the door but it is at the handle height and opens if you turn the knob).



Overall, we are very pleased with the hotel. On our reservation, we requested a pack n play but when we arrived, none were available so the management actually went to the store and bought pack n plays!!! A brand new, still in the box pack n play arrived at our room within a couple hours of check-in. Wow, now *that* is service :)



Questions?



Live from the Sea Island on the beach


Great review! I%26#39;m hoping they get the snack bar open by the time we arrive in late July! From what I%26#39;m told, it%26#39;s in the works.





I had one small issue with my initial reservation, and when I made an inquiry, management called me right away at home, and apologized for the mix-up. I was very impressed with their customer service! Sounds like it%26#39;s a great place to stay. Glad we decided to stay there.





Enjoy the rest of your vacation - and think of us poor New England folks stuck up here in the rain - AGAIN!





Have fun!!!



Live from the Sea Island on the beach


Thanks for the review Frescafizz! Sounds wonderful!





Hey Kzkat! Raining where you are today in MA - AGAIN!!! We are heading down on the 14th of July and I can%26#39;t wait to leave this rain soaked region and find some sun!!!!!




I told my husband last night I was ready to leave now and not come back. We%26#39;re in MA also and it%26#39;s been pretty dismal. I really envy Frescafizz right now...




KZKAT - funny my husband said the same thing this morning! Pretty bad when you have to pump water OUT of your pool because it%26#39;s ready to overflow! If it weren%26#39;t for the kids is school we would be out of here!! Infact when we do head down there we are going to be looking for some property in NC along the SC border.

No comments:

Post a Comment