Monday, April 16, 2012

Where should we stop?

My husband and I are traveling from New York to Myrtle Beach with our three young children. We feel that the 12 hours drive will be too much for them and have decided we should spend the night at an undecided city. I would appreciate if anyone could give us an idea where that could be. Any thoughts about Richmond?

Where should we stop?

I would suggest if you are going as far as Richmond, instead of trying to find your way through all that traffic, a few miles north, before you get to Richmond, maybe ten miles or so is a community called Ashland. I have personally stayed at the Sleep Inn there and found it to be acceptable. It is directly off of I-95 exit 92, on North Cottage Green Drive, there is a Taco Bell practically in the parking lot, and a Cracker Barrel restaurant directly off of the interstate, there is a Huddle House there too (not recommended) and a gas station across the street. This may save you some traffic problems through Richmond. Then when you are ready to go in the morning, it%26#39;s just a tenth of a mile back to I-95 south and you are on your way again.

  • miniature huskies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment