Monday, April 23, 2012

Most romantic restaurants?

I will be in Charleston this weekend with my wife for our 1-year anniversary. I would really appreciate recommendations on a very romantic restaurant for dinner on a Saturday night. You don%26#39;t have to limit your suggestions just to the historic district. We%26#39;re willing to drive a few miles if it means going to a really special place. We aren%26#39;t fans of French cuisine, but anything else would be great. And a huge wine list doesn%26#39;t impress us since neither of us drink too much wine. Our price range is $40 to $150 for two people. Thanks!



Most romantic restaurants?


Robert%26#39;s of Charleston (dowtown...see opentable.com), and the Woodland%26#39;s which is a hotel and restaurant in Summerville.



Most romantic restaurants?


Happy Anniversary!!! There are lots of romantic restaurants with fantastic food for you to choose from. Here are just a few suggestions: Cypress, McCradys, Grill 225, Peninsula Grill or Charleston Grill. They are all downtown restaurants.



I am sure that there are some romantic options outside of the city but nothing stands out in my mind. Maybe someone else has some suggestions?




Anyone ever been to Tristan? Their website looks good. Not exceptionally romantic, but very modern and chic, which I think my wife might appreciate.




Woodlands is not actually in Charleston, but out in Summerville. It is absolutely UNBEATABLE for a romantic, special occasion!!!



It is also an inn, so you could spend the nite there as well. We have been there several times over the years for anniversary, birthday, etc. When my very best friend was moving to California I took her there as a going away present. They will ask when you make your reservation if it is a special occasion - they wrote (in chocolate) on the rim of her dessert plate ';I will miss you.';



It is expensive but worth every single penny. I would HIGHLY recommend the ';Chef%26#39;s Tasting Menu'; which you can choose with or without a glass of wine to go with each course. Overall, this a better value that ala carte and I have never had a single thing there I did not like. Some dishes I was afraid I might dislike, but they do everything so well, it is delicious. The cost would probably be between $150 to $200, depending on what you choose, drinks, etc, but as I said worth every single cent.





You can check it out at www.woodlandsinn.com





It is the only 5 Diamond rated restaurant in South Carolina.




Forgot to mention - I have been to all of the restaurants listed above (except Tristan) and Woodlands blows them out of the water as a special occasion place.




Thanks for the Woodlands suggestion endo~ For some reason I always forget that one. I will have to write it down!!




Thanks for all the great suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment