Monday, April 16, 2012

Charleston Place vs Market Pavillion Hotel

We are trying to decide between Charleston Place and Market Pavillion Hotel. Does anyone have experience with both hotels? This is our 26th anniversary. We went to Charleston last year and had a blast. Thanks



Charleston Place vs Market Pavillion Hotel


Tough Choice! I think that both hotels are really top notch. I think that if it were my choice I would have to choose the Market Pavilion. The rooms are new and beautiful. The hotel is all non smk. which makes it very fresh. The restaurant Grill 225 is fabulous and the roof top pool and bar have some of the best views in the city.



Now with that said I am not dogging Charleston Place in any way! Charleston Place rooms are very nice and the pool is great, I do think that sometimes their rooms are a little overpriced for what you get. Plus some people like it and some people don%26#39;t, but you are inside of Charleston Place shops, which means you don%26#39;t have a true lobby expereince. There are people walking around downstairs and there is a lot going on since the hotel is open for the public to roam around.



Happy Anniversary! And I hope you enjoy your vacation with which ever hotel you choose!



Charleston Place vs Market Pavillion Hotel


Both hotels would treat you like royalty! I would personally choose the Market Pavillion because everything about that place is georgeous! The lobby/restaurantes of both hotels look world class, but what really makes your stay is the room. When you compare the rooms (and bathrooms), I think the Pavillion has a much more romantic feel. Congrats and enjoy Charleston.




I recently stayed at Charleston Place and was somewhat disappointed. The room was O.K., (alto there is NO soundproofing, ie., hear doors slamming at all hours, people talking in the halls is almost amplified) the bathroomwas spacious. The biggest disppointment was the Spa (my Massage was not good and really overpriced), the fitness room is tiny and the pool is indoors even though they say there%26#39;s a retractable roof it%26#39;s virtually an indoor pool (kids love it, I would be happier with a true roof-top pool with lounges around it. So, if I go back in the near future I%26#39;d stay at Market Pavilion (location is better to me too) or try to get in at 2 Meeting Street Inn or Battery Carriage House Inn.




Thanks for the input. We have decided to go with Market Pavillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment