Monday, April 23, 2012

Stuck Between Two Hotels

I%26#39;m planning on going to Myrtle Beach at the end of June. Right now I%26#39;m trying to decide between two hotels, the Hampton Oceanfront Inn and the Marriott Grande Dunes. It%26#39;s my mom and myself who are going down for a vacation. We are looking to relax on the beach, so nothing too crowded, but still close enough to other attractions around Myrtle Beach. They are ranked #2 and #3 on this site so I%26#39;m having trouble deciding between the two. Any suggestions?



Stuck Between Two Hotels


Well I haven%26#39;t stayed in either. But I will tell you the Hampton Inn is more for Families. It%26#39;s clean and perfect if you have kids.



Since it%26#39;s just you and your mom, I would choose the Marriott Grand Dunes. It%26#39;s a fairly new hotel, they have a spa, they are in a nice not too crowded area of North Myrtle Beach. I don%26#39;t know exactly how far they are from the places you want to go but you could probably call the hotel and ask them. The Grand Dunes has a more relaxed feeling. I would surely go with the Marriott over the Hampton Inn.





I have been past and stopped by the Hampton Inn and I don%26#39;t see it as a place wher you would go with just your mom. Also it%26#39;s in the southern beach area where it can get a little crowded. Nothing wrong with the hotel at all.



Stuck Between Two Hotels


Both properties have a reason for holding those rankings. The Hampton Inn is a beautiful property, and the staff is extremely accomodating! The Mariott is also a beautiful place, and the beach in that area is one of the best in the area (IMO of course!)





If it was myself and my mom, I would probably opt for the Mariott, for a few reasons...the beach, the bar there at the Mariott, and that they do have a really nice spa on property (if you decide to have a massage ask for Andy, he is fantastic!).





As for distance from the various attractions, you have Dixie Stampede and the Carolina Opry less than a mile, golf witihn 2 miles, Broadway at the Beach or Barefoot Landing within 5 miles, a number of restaurants (the Bistro district) less than 1 mile....





Have a great trip!







:)




I agree that the Marriott would be a good choice. We visited there last year and it is absolutely beautiful! I don%26#39;t think you can go wrong. It just seems like a nice spot for you and your mom to rest and relax.


  • g
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment