Tuesday, April 24, 2012

MB Seafood Restaurant and Fishing Help

Any advice on a good seafood restaurant -- not interested in the buffet thing - just good, local casual place??? Am also interested in advice on fishing boats. I can%26#39;t get my girlfriends to go fishing....so am interested in one of the boats that take several folks. Will be there mid-August. Thanks.



MB Seafood Restaurant and Fishing Help


Sea Captains House in MB. I like Drunken Jacks in Murrels Inlet. There are other restaurants there too. Also, there is a boardwalk on the left side of the road going into Murrels inlet behind the restaurants fishing boats come in and out of there. some of the restaurants have live entertainment too. Can%26#39;t remember the names though. : (



MB Seafood Restaurant and Fishing Help


I recommend Nibil%26#39;s at the Surfside Pier. It is casual, they have nightly specials, either call or look in the local paper (Sun News). The best sea scallops I have ever had in my life. Heavenly!



As for Sea Captain%26#39;s house,I ate there last week when family was in town. They have a great new waiting area in the back, right off of the ocean, but the food did not compare to our dinner at Nibil%26#39;s!




Sea Captains House or Hot Fish Club are my 2 favorites! FABULOUS food at both! Captain Dicks in Murrells Inlet would be my choice for fishing (captdicks.com). After you do that you can go right down the road to Hot Fish Club and have a great meal! Enjoy!




Sea Captains House, definitely. We finally got there on our third trip to MB, and went twice during our stay. We%26#39;ve also been to Dave%26#39;s Dockside (?, something like that) in Murrell%26#39;s Inlet. Food was good, dined outside, very nice, except for the bugs.




ditto Sea Captains...or just about anything in Murrells Inlet...Hot Fish is probably my favorite for music and drinks at the Gazebo they have, but I really like the food at Capt Dave%26#39;s Dockside, Lee%26#39;s Inlet Kitchen, or Oliver%26#39;s Lodge...





For fishing trips, I%26#39;d have to go with my favs being the guys up at the Hurricane Fleet (www.hurricanefleet.com) They run out of Calabash, where there are a number of great restaurants! George and Steve and wonderful to work with...and they also do an Adventure Cruise.





Another good place along the water for seafood is the waterfront in Little River (in between MB and Calabash) try Crab Catchers for their fish fry! Or Capt Juels Hurricance....





:)




Thanks all - only two months and seven days to go......




I live here, and I promise Nibil%26#39;s at Surfside Pier is the best. Blows Sea Captians out of the water!!! Not as upscale, you can wear shorts, t-shirt, just make sure you make a reservation!!!




I guess I forget about Nibils (must be the advertising! ) but they are also a good OF option....I%26#39;d put them right up there with Sea Captains...I do like the ambience of Sea Captain%26#39;s just a bit better tho, especially with the addittion of the outdoor deck, and all the history that the property has. And I have never had a problem going in there for breakfast, lunch or dinner in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. Its a very casual place.





Its just amazing how many places -- good places --- there are to get great seafood, and ';low country'; cuisine...being a local too, its hard to keep up with all the places that are around us!





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment