Tuesday, April 24, 2012

springmaid vs sea mist

which is better for taking a 4 year old. I am looking at pool facilities, rooms , entertainment etc....thanks!



springmaid vs sea mist


I can only speak about the Sea Mist. Despite some of the negative reviews on this website, the Sea Mist is a wonderful hotel. Our children are now 12 and 6, and we%26#39;ve been Sea Mist regulars for the past 6 years. There is so much to do for each age group. It took us a couple of years to start taking advantage of all the things you get with the package, but once we did, we loved everything.



The hotel is nice... pretty much what you expect anywhere in Myrtle Beach. The waterpark is excellent, as is the toddlers-only oceanside water play area. The arcade is big and fun, and the miniature golf is adequate... especially for young kids.



The Family Kingdom parks are a blast, and I%26#39;m thrilled we finally discovered them. We thought the FK waterpark would be too big for our kids, but were pleasantly surprised that they have plenty of areas for the little ones. The amusement park was fun, too. And even if your daughter doesn%26#39;t get to ride anything, at least it is fun to be in the carnival atmosphere. Plus, it doesn%26#39;t cost you anything since it is part of the package.



The Sea Mist is the perfect resort for our family. We didn%26#39;t know that until we were finally brave enough to give it a try. Now, it is our family%26#39;s home resort.



springmaid vs sea mist


I myself don%26#39;t like Springmaid. Every time I stayed there the staff was rude, the pools were never cleaned, the pools were dirty also, the room was dirty, the maids only cleaned our room once in 4 days. Springmaid is also very crowded in the summer due to the complex of hotels that they have. The food in the two resturants are ok. It just anit my place to stay.



They the 2 lazy rivers, 2 indoor and 2 outdoor pools (1 indoor and outdoor are really ugly and nasty) anfd a Kiddie pool with a mush room thing.





I anit never stayed at Sea Mist but we have had some family stay there while we stayed at Coral BEach Resort. Sea Mist Waterpark anit no where as big as they make it sound. I heard that the staff was rude, rooms were nasty with mold and bugs, the balconys were real dirty, the lobby was styled back in the 1970%26#39;s.



I anit never stayed at Sea Mist myself and I dpn%26#39;t think that I want to either.







A hotel that I would reccomend would be Coral Beach (located beside Sea Mist) which has a arcade, bowling alley, 2 out door pools, lazy river, kiddie pools, hot tubs (Indoor and outdoor) indoor pool, jungle gym, nice friendly staff, and recently ronovated rooms.





Compass Cove would be another one that I reccomend becuase they just renovated the Pencipale building. They also just added a new children water area with a wrecked pirate ship thing.





Good luck finding a hotel.




';I anit never stayed at Sea Mist myself and I dpn%26#39;t think that I want to either.';





Well, that%26#39;s my point in the above post. We HAVE stayed at the Sea Mist for the last 6 years and give the resort high marks. It seems like many who criticize the place haven%26#39;t even been there. They%26#39;ve ';heard'; about bad things. JimmyAces, you can certainly listen to advice from people who have ';heard'; about a particular place, or you can take the advice from people who have ';experienced'; a stay at a particular place. It is up to you.




WV. I appreciate your input. The reviews on this site are really helpfull, however , some of them are just people griping about trivial things. As long as a place is clean , safe and fun I would have no problem staying there. Your comments have been very helpful.







Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment