Monday, April 23, 2012

New things to do?

I am going to Myrtle Beach 7/8-7/15. I actually grew up in Socastee, SC, but I haven%26#39;t been back in the last 4 years. I know things are always growing and changing there. Me, my husband, and our 6 year old are going. What are some new must sees? Also, where can my husband and I go for some fun night life? My mom lives there so we will have a babysitter the whole week in the evenings. We are in our late 20%26#39;s. Also, where%26#39;s the best place to go eat seafood. I will be eating it every evening because where I live you just don%26#39;t have the fresh seafood.



New things to do?


well, I just looked and found about all of the answers I needed. Imagine that, huh : ) Apparently Broadway at the beach is bigger than when I was last down. I cannot wait to be there. I do have a question about the National Forest area there. Has anyone been to the Francis Marion Nat%26#39;l Forest? My husband is a big hiker and just wants to see what a Nat%26#39;l Forest in the area looks like (the Spanish moss and all) Also, does anyone know about Bull%26#39;s Island? I swear I went there on a field trip when I was younger. You took a ferry to the island and there were just thousands of sand dollars and undiscovered shells. It was just a neat place to explore. Thanks



New things to do?


well, I just looked and found about all of the answers I needed. Imagine that, huh : ) Apparently Broadway at the beach is bigger than when I was last down. I cannot wait to be there. I do have a question about the National Forest area there. Has anyone been to the Francis Marion Nat%26#39;l Forest? My husband is a big hiker and just wants to see what a Nat%26#39;l Forest in the area looks like (the Spanish moss and all) Also, does anyone know about Bull%26#39;s Island? I swear I went there on a field trip when I was younger. You took a ferry to the island and there were just thousands of sand dollars and undiscovered shells. It was just a neat place to explore. Thanks





Yes, Myrtle Beach has definitely grown in the past 4 years. Broadway at the Beach is bigger...quite a bit has been added out there. Margaritaville, which is at Broadway, is very fun. That is also the place to go for nightlife or right beside Broadway is Club Kryptonite. Coastal Grand Mall is a new and very nice mall and is huge compared to the old Myrtle Square Mall. The Pavilion is closing for good after this season so you may want to make one last trip there. I always enjoy going to La Belle Amie Vineyard in NMB for a tour and wine tasting. Brookgreen Gardens is always nice as well. Hot Fish Club is one of my very favorite seafood restaurants. It is in Murrells Inlet and their food is fabulous! Gulfstream Cafe in Garden City is also wonderful... The food is excellent and it is a great place to go right at sunset as the view is absolutely breathtaking! They have a very very good early evening menu also from 4 - 5:30 pm where you can get complete dinners under $10. Some of my other favorite seafood restaurant are: Drunken Jacks, Sara J%26#39;s, Lee%26#39;s Inlet Kitchen (all in Murrells Inlet) and Sea Captains House (in MB). Enjoy!




A person after my own heart. I love the restaurants in Murrell Inlet!! Although I haven%26#39;t heard of Hot Fish Club!! Is it new? Is it on the Canal?




Go to Murrell%26#39;s inlet for great seafood. Lots of places to choose from.





Hey, I love Jamaica too!








Francis Marion Forest is really great area to hike...I really like the area right around Awendaw...nice store there and a GREAT little restaurant that serves true low country style food! Here is a good website for the forest





www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/





And yes, there is still a ferry that runs to Bull Island...its a great place to go shelling and really seeing a pristine beachfront! And its not far from Awendaw! Heres a great site for Bull Island...





www.ajc.com/news/content/travel/destinations/ southcarolina/stories/bullislandtourism052004.html - 34k





As for the Hot Fish Club, I would say it may be 4 years, maybe 5 years old now...I cant remember what it was in its past lives...but its a great place for food and music! The outdoor gazebo cant be beat! Heres their website....



www.hotfishclub.com





Enjoy!





:)




Thank you all soo much for your responses. I will definitely have to see about going out to Bull Island. The last time I was there, I tried to find info and couldn%26#39;t. MB thank you for the great websites. I truly cannot wait to go back as it is home to me. Thank you all for the great restaurant ideas. I%26#39;d like to have sort of a game plan as far as dinner goes because it seemed like we only went out for seafood one evening, and I def. want to go more than that. However, my uncle can cook some mean dishes.





Now as for Jamaica, that%26#39;s where we went last year on vacation. This year it was Jamaica or S. Carolina and I knew I needed to get back to visit my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment