Friday, April 13, 2012

1st Anniversary Ideas

Hi everyone. I am going to MB for my 1st anniv. and want to know some romantic spots to go. I%26#39;ve read on here about the ';Library';, Villa Romana, The Gulfstream for the restaurants. And ';He%26#39;s Not Here';, ';Her Body and Soul'; and a spa with Victoria in the name. We are staying at the Indigo Inn (please tell me if that%26#39;s a good place), between July 27-31. The anniversary is Jul 30th, and I want to go somewhere special to eat. And maybe a masage. I know the experts get tired of re-hashing the same stuff, but if you all could help me make this a trip she%26#39;ll never forget, I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Eli



1st Anniversary Ideas


I love a romantic! Ok....for my choice, its got to be the Library for dinner! I%26#39;d start out with a limo pickup --- Extreme Limo does a great romance package complete with iced down champagne and a red rose laying on the seat! Head over to the Library for dinner, call ahead and make reservations, ask for Shad (the owner) and tell him that its your first anniversary...you will be surprised at how romantic this little place can be! And the food is top notch (www.thelibrary.com) Continue the night with the limo (this way both of you can relax and enjoy the evening) Maybe hit some of the clubs at Broadway or maybe just a drive down to Pawleys Island and head out to the point, open the sun roof and watch the stars! Then head back to the beach, maybe stop by for alate night dessert at Collectors Cafe...great coffees and desserts!





Then the next day...to help unwind even more, I%26#39;d do the couples massage at He%26#39;s Not Here....or if thats not your thing, schedule her spa at Victoria Dianes and your right next door at He%26#39;s not Here....





And a nice long walk on the beach under the moonlight can be a real topper! That date has to be close to a full moon phase...I think the July full moon is the 9th...so it will be close!





Congrats! And have a wonderful time!





:)



1st Anniversary Ideas


WOW.. great post.. MBC...





Lots of great info..




The Indigo Inn is the 1st place I ever stayed in Myrtle.Its one of the smaller hotels but nice. My choice for a romantic dinner would be Divine Fish House.Maybe start out with a cocktail on the outside deck overlooking the marsh and after dinner stroll along the boardwalk and listen to some music from any of the 4 or so restaurants with live entertainment. This is located in Murrells Inlet.





Ate at the Library once.Felt there was too much attention from the staff as they are always at your table.I feel that a dinner does not have to be over expensive to be romantic.The section of town that it is located in is also not very romantic.Sorry MBC but this is one time I disagree with you.





The Banana Mandarin Grouper dinner is excellent at Divine%26#39;s.




pclydeinc- not sure if you are like us but when we are at the beach, I want to enjoy the views and outside as much as possible. I agree that a dinner at one the restaurants in Murrell%26#39;s Inlet is very romantic. Have a drink at Wahoo%26#39;s- the bar connected to Divine Fish House.




Thanks for the info. I couldn%26#39;t get to the Extreme Limo site or the Library site. What about the Carabba%26#39;s Italian Grill? Is there more info on the spa%26#39;s I can get? Are there any romantic restaurants where we can look at the ocean while we eat, but not be outside, because my wife is allergic to smoke. If you would throw out some romantic restaurants names, I would do some research. My ideal anniversary would be to get a couples massage, and eat at a romantic restaurant maybe facing the water.





Oh by the way, I made reservations at the Indigo Inn, and the man let me request a high floor room. I%26#39;m going to be on the 6th floor out of 9 floors. Hope that%26#39;s a good spot.





Thank you in advance for any posts. Eli




Eli,



The website for Extreme Limo is www.scextremelimo.com. I have used these guys a number of times, and they are experts when it comes to special celebrations! Just let them know Cathy refered you....they will make your evening very special!





As for the Library, I agree/disagree with Tony...if you judge the book by the cover, it is in an area that is going thru some changes, as for the staff being over attentive, just let them know you%26#39;d like some alone time when you book the reservation (or book the wine cellar room...just you and your special lady in your own private room) There IS a reason that this restaurant has been voted the Best of the Beach for the last 5 or 6 years for Romatic Restaurants.





Carraba%26#39;s is a decent restaurant, but if you want really good Italian,I%26#39;d hit Villa Romana, just off 7th Ave S and Kings Hwy. Very good, and again they%26#39;ll take good care of you. I%26#39;ve not been a big fan of Divine Fish House, but I do like Wahoo%26#39;s which is the sushi bar affiliated with Divines....if you want a water from place there that you dont have to sit outside would be the Hot Fish Club or Capt Daves Dockside....or even Olivers Lodge...all on the inlet with waterviews. Another restaurant the is romantic and has indoor seating with water views is the Gulfstream Cafe...get there at sunset, one of the best view in the area!





Still like the staff there at He%26#39;s Not Here.....www.hesnothere.biz





Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment