Friday, April 13, 2012

Polynesian opinions?

I am going to Myrtle Beach July 6 - 9. Will be staying at the Polynesian. I%26#39;ve read alot of bad reveiws on this site. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently that could give me an honest opinion. I don%26#39;t need any frills. I just want a clean room and an oceanview, and I%26#39;ll be happy. Was also wondering about the parking situation. And if anyone has some recent pics



Polynesian opinions?


Hi briezer - My daughter just got back Saturday from her senior trip and spent at week at the Polynesian. Sorry to say - she did not like it at all. When they arrived, the went immediately to the store and bought Lysol Wipes and spray to clean and cover the smell. She said it smelled like urine, vomit and beer. Now I am sure that is because the college and high school grads are there in that part of June. I have no idea what it would be like in July. From what I have read on here - it seems the college/high school kids are gone by then. They did not have the big palmeto bugs (look like large roaches) in their room, but on their balcony that looked out over the ocean. They were a group of 11 and had 3 rooms. One of the rooms did have the bugs.





Gosh I wish I had better news for you. I don%26#39;t know about the parking, but I will ask her when she gets home from work tonight.



Polynesian opinions?


Thanks smokiesgirl. It seems like you have a 50/50 chance at this place. Was your daughter in an oceanfront room?




Yes she was ocean front.




Thanks for the info Smokiesgirl. Any advice helps, as we will only be there for 3 days, and we%26#39;d like to spend our time relaxing rather than driving around trying to park!




Just talked to my daughter - she said to tell you it is a 1 star hotel - not a beach resort. They do have a parking garage and when that is full you have to park accross the street in a gravel lot.





Can she answer any more questions for you?




Little tip if you need to draw fresh air into the condo/room. Crack the window or door facing the street. Open the sliding glass door facing the ocean. You%26#39;ll get a wind tunnel effect that will pull out any odors you might have.





Might not clean and sanitize the room but should help with any odors to make it a little more bearable.




Smokiesgirl - Tell your daughter thanks! Could she tell me what time the ';cruising'; traffic starts to get heavy on the strip, and if it%26#39;s real bad in the area of the Polynesian?





Pop- Thanks alot for the advice. One question though..... if I%26#39;m lucky enough to not have palmetto bugs in my room, won%26#39;t they get in that way?




You know..... I think I%26#39;m going to bring cleaning supplies and air freshener with me just in case! LOL




Good Morning - dd says that the strip is down a little from the hotel and that it did not get bad right in front of the hotel. She doesn%26#39;t really know when the traffic on the strip starts though.





:)




Smokiesgirl - That%26#39;s good news! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment