Friday, April 13, 2012

canopy tent on the beach

can you put up a canopy tent on the beach? i know that you can have unbrella on the beach but they have to be behind the life gurde stand. does anybody know anything that might help .



canopy tent on the beach


In NMB they are used in the soft sand above the high tide mark. Mostly around houses and smaller condo buildings.





Don%26#39;t recall seeing them around the high rise resort buildings. Most are left up all week.



canopy tent on the beach


We always stay at Compass Cove Resort at South Myrtle and we always put up our canopy style tent...we always have a large group and we actually put 2 together and of course we put them behind the lifeguard chairs.




Yes, canopy tents are allowed but as the other post suggests I would recommend setting it up behind the lifeguards.




do you leave them up all week or do you take them down everyday




I have NEVER seen anyone leave them up all night at Myrtle Beach now I see people leave them up at night all the time on Sunset Beach. The canopy tents we bring were not cheap and I am afraid to leave them up and if you have a few people to help they are not that much trouble and you give everyone around you something to watch as you work on it...sometimes, if it is just myself and my husband people on the beach will offer to help.



We are leaving for our trip in 11 days and this trip we are going to leave the tents and chairs at home and rent from the life guards.






I think legally, it%26#39;s OK to leave them up. I know some do, as I see them early a.m. vacant when I%26#39;m running the beach. However, it can get quite windy at the beach and severe t-storms, especially this time of year, could do some damage if left out unattended.




Yes, legally you can leave them up all night but I really would not suggest it because of the wind/weather and also the chance of someone stealing or tampering with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment