Friday, April 13, 2012

Finding a room on July 8th, last minute?

I have reservations for July 9-16, but it now looks like I will have an extra day available. I am wondering if I would have a problem finding a vacant room for one night on July 8. I%26#39;m traveling solo, and really don%26#39;t want to drive down on Sat. and have to sleep in the van in the Wal-Mart parking lot :) I know that the week of the fourth will be busy. It would be a last minute decision to travel earlier.



Finding a room on July 8th, last minute?


That%26#39;s going to be tough as most hotels do a 3 or 4 night minimum for the week of the 4th. I would suggest looking into the smaller hotels or calling the Chamber of Commerce 800-356-3016. They would probably be able to tell you some hotels not requiring the minimum. Good luck!



Finding a room on July 8th, last minute?


IF you can%26#39;t find one then I would look in Conway and look at a nice cheap hotel for 1 night.




Try this website....www.myrtlebeach.hotelscorp.com




Conway would work, and for one night I%26#39;ll take 2 or 3 streets off the beach, the other side of 17, it wouldn%26#39;t matter, just one night. I usually do all my research online, but it is hard to find the small places off the beach without actually knowing where they are. I can remember a few small motels a few streets off of the beach, but can%26#39;t remember exact location and names, etc. I stayed at one when I was a teen vacationing with my mom, a couple blocks off the beach, I%26#39;m thinking it may have been close to the Crazy Horse maybe? I wonder if I could find an opening in one of these smaller motels. Thanks for the info, I%26#39;m browsing the link you gave now.




Try www.sidestep.com. It%26#39;s a travel search engine. I punched in your dates and found plenty of availability.




That%26#39;s a pretty neat site, thanks for the information, it actually does list some locations off of the beach....cheap! Just like I like it! I have put in two e-mail requests for info from the Cabana Inn and The Virginian. Both away from the bustle and inexpensive, if they have anything available, I may give them a try. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment