Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How far to drive?

My husband thinks we are too far from Myrtle Beach for a short visit. We are only about 5 1/2 hours away. I have seen posts on this forum that talk about 10 hour drives to Myrtle. Please let me know how long your drive is so that I can convince my husband that we are not too far away for a visit.

How far to drive?

I am about 3 hrs away. My aunts friend is from Texas and they drive to MB from there and it is alomost a 23-24 hour drive for them! Ugh! 5 and 1/2 anit nothing compared to some peoples.

How far to drive?

Depends on what you mean by short visit. For just a day, nope, I wouldn%26#39;t do it. But for a weekend or longer, it would be a nice change of pace.

Would he think that going to Tybee at Savannah too far? It would be about the same.


We have at least 11 hours and we are only staying for 3 days. Heck, we even once drove to the smokies (about 5 hours from here) stayed one night and then turned around and came home. I guess it all depends on how bad you want it.


Our idea of a short visit is a 3 day weekend. We%26#39;ve been to Tybee and to Folly Beach in Charleston, but nothing beats Myrtle Beach!


I live three hrs away and I stay at least 3 or more nights. That is just because I hate to ride that long. I am very impacient at times. LOL!!!


We drive about 11 hours and it is well worth it. I hope you can convince him!


If i drove it would be over 4,000 miles but across that huge pond (Atlantic ) ocean . So will be flying over for a vacation .. so I would say to your husband 5 1/2 hours is nothing ... lol .

I once drove from Savannah to the blue ridge park way took 7 hours I didnt even stop for a break I enjoyed the drive so much


I drive almost 8 hours and we never stay more than 3-4 days. It%26#39;s well worth it. The key is giving yourself an plan. I know you are on vacation but when you only have 3 days you have to plan what you are going to do and go see. Give yourself 3-4 choices for each day of activities and dining. This always help.


Hi there,

I%26#39;m from Montreal and have been to Myrtle Beach 5 times already and going again this year. The trip down is about 18 hours of driving, not counting the stops (Got you all beaten na-na-nanana!! :)). We usually do it in two days and make a stopover in Virginia. We stay two whole weeks (going the first two weeks of August this year) and as far as my family (3 kids) and myself is concerned it is worth every minute. The beach is fabulous the water warm and there are a gazillion things to do no matter what age you are. Unless your husband is the Grinch and has an allergy to sea water he will love it there especially if he%26#39;s never been before.

Hope you win him over!

Good luck


Hi there,

I%26#39;m from Montreal and have been to Myrtle Beach 5 times already and going again this year. The trip down is about 18 hours of driving, not counting the stops (Got you all beaten na-na-nanana!! :)). We usually do it in two days and make a stopover in Virginia. We stay two whole weeks (going the first two weeks of August this year) and as far as my family (3 kids) and myself is concerned it is worth every minute. The beach is fabulous the water warm and there are a gazillion things to do no matter what age you are. Unless your husband is the Grinch and has an allergy to sea water he will love it there especially if he%26#39;s never been before.

Hope you win him over!

Good luck

  • Looking for a sample hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment