Friday, April 13, 2012

Local opinion on a hotel

Hilton Head Plaza Hotel and Suites



Local opinion on a hotel


Sorry...there was supposed to be more to this.





I have read reviews comparing this place to a meth lab...people saying they wouldn%26#39;t let their children walk on the floors without shoes on, etc.





My wife and I are by no means looking for the Westin, but don%26#39;t want to stay in a hotel that is unsafe or too disgusting (we can live with somewhat disgusting for the right price). This hotel is within a couple hundred yards of S. Forest Beach and offers a superb rate with large rooms. Is it THAT bad, or can one survive a week there? Thanks in advance.



Local opinion on a hotel


Hello , I was just as scared as you, but we stayed there this April and I thought it was great. We had a 2 bed suite and they were big rooms, everything was clean. Yes it had a little bit of a smell but nothing a few candles couldn%26#39;t take care of.



The beach is right across the street and the parking isn%26#39;t that bad. We did stay in the front building, didn%26#39;t hear any loud noises. For the price I would definately stay here again .Hope this helps---Summer




I would imagine that the Comfort Inn or the Beachwalk Hotel (former Holiday Inn Express) (I have stayed at both) would be about the same price (or less) than the Hilton Head Plaza. Since there is more than one negative review, I would certainly look at the others. When you stay ';second row'; at Hilton Head, the beach is across the street but that does not mean you can walk straight across to the beach. You must go to a public walkway which may be a little ways away. Both the above mentioned hotels have free beach shuttles - although you may have to wait for it.




try the adventure inn. www.advinn.com. They have nice room, very clean, and ocean front.




Adventure Inn is closing for good in October.





not good advice





Stan (hhiguy)




Thanks to all for your responses...I appreciate your input!



Greg




Hi Baseball guy,



Sounds like you%26#39;re budget conscious, too! My son and I always do a little recon with we%26#39;re in HHI (we were there last week) to learn street names and such so that when we look for the next year%26#39;s lodging we have a bit of an idea where we%26#39;re going. Beachwalk looks like they%26#39;ve done quite a bit of renovation and it seemed quite nice. The walk to the beach is not too far and it%26#39;s right across from Coligny Plaza, where a good deal of shopping and restaurants (and the best ice cream, the Frozen Moo) is located. Also, there%26#39;s North Shore Place which looks lovely and as I understand has a neat rooftop pool. Plus, you have usage of the Sea Crest%26#39;s facilities as well, if I%26#39;m not mistaken. I%26#39;m sure Stan can clarify for me. Anyway, it%26#39;s really reasonable from what I%26#39;ve looked at online. Hope this helps! Have a great time.




Try the Beachwalk Hotel for sure! We stayed there years ago when it was called something else and it is still just as great! It is inexpensive, has a complimentary breakfast, and has an exceptional staff! DO NOT stay at the Hilton Head Grand Hotel. We started there (booked it online) and couldn%26#39;t stay there because of the filth and the mildew smell in our room and the hotel itself. We drove over to the Beachwalk Hotel and they were more than accomodating to our last minute needs because of our situation. My husband and I will definitely stay there again! The Beachwalk Hotel is close to the beach, Coligny Plaza, and one of the main traffic circles that takes you to Sea Pines. Go for it, you won%26#39;t regret it! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment