Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Outside / casual dining

I read a review about 2 months ago. In the review, the writer recommended a restaurant that was located on the northern



end of MB. And, if I remember correctly, it was located behind



another business.





(Could I be more vague? - I know)





The writer also mentioned dining outside on a porch and



overlooking a creek or something.





Does this sound familiar to anyone? If not, has anyone



had any good ';outside'; dining experiences?





Thanks



Outside / casual dining


In NMB we enjoy the top level of Duffy Street Seafood Shack on Sea Mountain Hiway in Cherry Grove. Isn%26#39;t on the water but has a nice roof top view of NMB.





In Little River you have Crabcatchers. Small dock/barge looking place on the inland waterway has outside seating.



Outside / casual dining


I think you mean Fillets 2120 sea mountain hwy 1843-280-5200 this place is wonderful.




Don%26#39;t know how far but i heard the Sea Captains has an outside patio directly on the beach. Also the Breakers said they have an outdoor casual place that sits on the beach. I don%26#39;t remember seeing it when I went maybe I didn%26#39;t look enough.




Don%26#39;t know how far but i heard the Sea Captains has an outside patio directly on the beach. Also the Breakers said they have an outdoor casual place that sits on the beach. I don%26#39;t remember seeing it when I went maybe I didn%26#39;t look enough.





The restaurant on the creek may have been one of the places at Barefoot Landing??? or Broadway at the Beach. They have restaurants that overlook water/creek.




You can%26#39;t go wrong with a visit to Murrell%26#39;s Inlet for waterfront casual dining. It%26#39;s south of Myrtle so if you are staying NMB you may not want to make the drive but depending on traffice- 30 to 45 minutes maybe more. You can enjoy dinner with a view of the inlet and take a stroll along the marshwalk after dinner. Most of the restaurants have outdoor dining with live music.




I was going to say Blue Water Bistro (which is now closed) its at the North end of MB, has outside dining, behind a business (Kirks Ice Cream) and has an outdoor dining area, but not creek...Its now Luigi%26#39;s and really wonderful....maybe you are thinking Chestnut Hill, they sit on a marsh, but no outdoor dining....and they are also on the north end of MB....





For outdoor dining, I really like Crab Catchers in Little River, Hot Fish Club, Capt Dave Dockside or Wahoos in Murrells Inlet, Gulfstream Cafe in Garden City, Luigi%26#39;s and Bummz in MB





:)




In my opinion I personally would not recommend Sea Captains house. My husband and I have eaten there a couple of times and to us the food was average and a little pricey for the amount of food you get. We will not go back.




Hot Fish Club %26amp; Gulfstream Cafe are both FABULOUS!!!




Beach Bumz (sp?) is a highly recommended casual, O/F place.





There is lots of waterfront dining in Murrell%26#39;s Inlet.




Crab Catchers and Capt. Juel%26#39;s in Little River. Duffy Street Grill in Cherry Grove is casual, but not on the water (couple blocks to ocean). Food is great at Duffy%26#39;s. Further north is Calabash, NC...lots of fresh, fried seafood on the docks.....let me emphasize FRIED.

No comments:

Post a Comment