Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cheap Hotel For One Night?

We are coming down on June 15th and had decided to leave on the 19th. Well, since we will be travelling most of the day on the 15th, we will stay one more night.



So, I was wondering if someone could give me some names of cheap hotels, don%26#39;t have to be oceanfront, that would allow one night stays. I mean cheap as in, less than maybe $100/nt.



If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them.



Thanks :)



Cheap Hotel For One Night?


You may be better off staying at one of the hotels that aren%26#39;t near the beach. You can always check something like the LaQuinta Inn, Comfort Inns %26amp; Suites, something on that level that is fairly new. A lot of hotels near the 501interstate area that may work. The traffic is a mess but you will still be close enought to the south end attractions, (pavillion, family kingdom, grand prix, etc. and restaurants.)





Also a lot of the the more mom %26amp; pop places that look pretty old may not be too bad. Some of them look worse than they are. You might be better off finding a place when you get down there. Like on the 17th or 18th go to some of the hotels near where you are staying and see if they have any vacancies. This may be helpful especially since you get to see what your getting before you get it.



Cheap Hotel For One Night?


I just checked the Indigo Inn www.indigoinnmyrtlebeach.com and during that time June 20, they have special rates on their rooms, anywhere from $94-$195 per room. Don%26#39;t know any reviews on it and never stayed there. It%26#39;s in the south end of MB. I will look for some more for you. However for $100.00 per night you probably aren%26#39;t going to get much.




I stay at the Gazebo Inn at 1607 S.Ocean Blvd. and enjoy the place very much. There are some reviews on them in the hotel section if you want to check it out. Some are good and some are bad, but I always enjoy the smaller hotels, and it is by no means deluxe accomodations, but me personally I have never had a problem with them. Their website is www.gazeboinn.com. They have an oceanfront double listed for 85.00 a night on the dates you want. I am coming down in a few weeks and opted to stay at the Carnival motor inn this go round. It is at 2502 N. Ocean Blvd. I have never stayed at Carnival before, but it doesn%26#39;t look bad from the website photos, so I went ahead and booked it. The website is www.carnivalmotorinn.com and they have an oceanfront efficiency listed for 79.00 to 89.00 a night for the dates you ask about. If it%26#39;s clean and comfortable, I%26#39;m a happy camper! There is also the Southern Breeze Motel at 1901 S.Ocean Blvd. and oceanfront room is 85.00 a night and has 2 seperate bedrooms with 3 double beds. I do not have any info on this hotel, I have price checked it before and may try them out in the future, but I liked the price for the size of the room, and they were very friendly over the phone. Their site is www.southernbreezemotel.com. Hope this helps.




My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Broadway at the Beach. It was like $85 a night and this was on the 30th of May. Nice enough place with a pool and right at Broadway at the Beach. Not close to the actualy beach though




Thanks for all the suggestions :)


We are actually staying at the Southern Breeze Motel the first few days, but we just decided to stay that extra night and they didn%26#39;t have anything available. So, we are trying to find something for only the night of the 19th.


I just talked to someone at the Cabana Shores Motel and they had a really good deal for that night, only $74.80 for that night! We may stay there.


We actually looked at the Gazebo Inn for first choice because they were so cheap, but they were booked up for our vacation dates.





Stop back in to the forums when your trip is over, I%26#39;m curious about the Southern Breeze. Let me know what you think of the place. I haven%26#39;t seen any reviews on them might want to give it try next season. Thanks




I%26#39;ll do it yugie23!!! It is getting so close now, I%26#39;M SO EXCITED lol. But I will post back and let you know how it was. Doesn%26#39;t look too bad from the pics on their site. I mean, it%26#39;s no Radisson or any kind of resort, but it should be fine for us, we usually only sleep there anyway. I would rather spend my hard-earned money on food and souveniers (sp?) than a place that I only sleep and get dressed in :) I posted on another forum asking about the Southern Breeze and got some good reviews on it.



I will update you when I get back!




Ditto on saving money for other things, why stay in a fancy room and not have any money for food and shopping, and did I mention food! Mouth is watering for Crabby Mike%26#39;s and an Ultimate California Pizza%26#39;s Big Kahuna! Enjoy your trip!




yugie23 Craby Mikes is a MUST for us every year to. I can%26#39;t wait to go either. I don%26#39;t mind waiting 45min for the great food and service that they have.




cbr guest, I%26#39;ve tried original benjamin%26#39;s but just wasn%26#39;t impressed. The seatrawler had very good scallops and oysters, and I%26#39;m picky about how fresh my oysters are, it makes a big difference in the flavor, but I think Mike%26#39;s is the best hands down. Especially the shrimp and the crab legs. I usually go twice each visit, I%26#39;ll eat so much seafood that week that I won%26#39;t touch the stuff for months. But my craving always comes back. I can%26#39;t get good seafood here like I can at Myrtle. The closest seafood restaurant here is 45 minutes away and on a weekend night, the line to get in will wrap around two sides of the building, and to be honest everything you order tastes the same, and no crab legs!


  • g
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment