Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tropical Storm Alberto

We will be arriving in MB on Thursday around 8 or 9 PM. Are you expecting Alberto to reach landfall in MB? Should we change our travel plans? We are true inlanders and know absolutely nothing about these storms, lol. Can someone help me out here?



Tropical Storm Alberto


Alberto will be pretty much out of here by Thursday...we%26#39;ll probably see a pretty decent rain storm here starting tonight and into most of the day on Wednesday...we actually had alot stronger storms ome thru here yesterday with a cold front...winds were maybe 30mph or so and alot of sky to ground lightning! So, NO..No....No!! do not change your travel plans....the Weather Channel likes to make it sound more like news than what it really is! Check out our local weather guru....Ed Piotrowski at www.wpde.com





Enjoy your trip! The weather after Wednesday looks wonderful!





:)



Tropical Storm Alberto


MB Concierge,





That weather guy link is a great one to have. Thanks for posting it.





We almost cancelled our trip last year because of the big deal the Weather Channel was making out of a storm. Don%26#39;t mean to diminish the dangers of a storm but we need a realistic, local source.





Honestly, you should be getting paid by the MB Chamber of Commerce or Tourism. You have a wealth of info.




Thanks SOOOO much!!! I have worried myself sick about this lol. I actually bookmarked that site I liked it so much!





Oh yeah, MB Concierge, I know that this is a little (well, maybe a LOT) off topic. But, I just read on that site something about ';you might not have had the chance to get your picture taken with the world%26#39;s tallest sandcastle, but you can still get a T-Shirt.'; Please tell me it%26#39;s not already gone!!! I wanted my little boy to see it so badly.




its still there....and depending on how much rain we get with this storm, it should survive so your little guy will get to enjoy it!





:)




Where is the worlds tallest Sandcastle at? is there any pics of it on the web?




hmm..... I know down at Kingston Plantation they have a sandcastle competition... It was pretty amazing...





this is probably not what you mean...




I think that it%26#39;s down on the beach in front of the Pavillion, from what I have been told. I may be mistaken thuogh, I don%26#39;t know the place that well. From the pictures it looks awesome. I saw like 2 pictures on www.myrtlebeachonline.com, they were taken while they were building it. And these immature vandals came along when they were almost finished and done some damage, they ended up still finishing by their deadline, but had to leave some stuff off to make up for lost time.




Thats exactly where it is! Right there at the Pavilion, on the beach. It was part of the Sun Fun Festival --- and we made it into the World Record book for the largest sandcastle. I think there still are photos on www.myrtlbebeachonline.com





:)




Try this:



myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/鈥?4771952.htm





there%26#39;s more than one picture of the sand sculpture competition. In the background of #7, you can see the castle.




I tried to post some photos but couldnt do I wiil email if anyone wants

No comments:

Post a Comment