Friday, March 30, 2012

First trip to Charleston!

My boyfriend and I are visiting Charleston for the first time over 4th of July weekend. We just booked the French Quarter Inn (tell me if its not good and I can change!) but now looking for recs for restaurants and must dos. I really do not know anything about the city. We are in our late 20%26#39;s and total foodies. Nothing stuffy..but more cool and unique. Any suggestions?? Also, are there any must do sites?



First trip to Charleston!


My husband %26amp; I got just got back from Charleston last week. We had dinner at Ansons, Magnolia%26#39;s and 82 Queen, Charleston Grill. All were good but Magnolia%26#39;s was my favorite for both food and ambience. Some of the other restaurants along East Bay looked good such as Slightly North of Broad (SNOB), High Cotton...I%26#39;m blanking on the others, but if you walk down East Bay you will see quite a few restaurants with excellant reviews that look great. Also, next time we go,I%26#39;d like to try Jestines Kitchen for good Southern Cook%26#39;in.



As far as things to do walk around the historic district, be sure not to miss the Battery, Chalmers Street (cobblestone street) and, in fact you can go into a house at 17 Chalmers (now an art gallery) built in the 1700%26#39;s, see Rainbow Row, and don%26#39;t miss Church street close to East Bay side (I believe that%26#39;s the area where the old theatre is), that area is especially cool. Meeting Street is a must-do.



Go for a carriage ride--must-do



Do a house tour--We did the one on the Battery, Alson-? House.



As far as places to stay I don%26#39;t remember seeing the French Quarter Inn. We stayed at Charleston Place and would not stay there again. If I were going again soon, I%26#39;d stay at the Market Pavilion Hotel or if we want a B%26amp;B, 2 Meeting Street Inn. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment