Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm Back!!! My trip report...

Hey Guys! I%26#39;m back! Okay, sorry if it gets long.





First of all, if you remember, we decided to stay at Southern Breeze Motel. Well...We got there around 10:30 on Thursday night, and they had our room screwed up. Everytime my husband called, he confirmed we had a top floor. We get there and have a bottom floor, not too big of a deal. BUT...when we looked at the room, our window and door was about 2 feet away from the pool, and no ocean view at all! That%26#39;s why you get oceanfront rooms, to see the ocean. So, after my husband and I argued with them for a few minutes and they said they had NOTHING else available, we were ready to take our money and leave. Then I saw that their sign still said ';Vacancy';, when I inquired about this I was told ';Oh, that%26#39;s because we have another motel.'; And get this, they DID have vacancy there (grrr). So we finally reasoned with them and they moved us to their other motel, Twilight Surf Motel. We still had to stay on the bottom floor the first night, but were moved to the top floor first thing the next morning and stayed there for the rest of the trip. The rooms were really spacious and clean though, I do have to give them credit for that. Looked as if it was recently remodeled.



Anyway, the motel deal was the ONLY downside to our trip. We were on the southern end so the beach was never too crowded. There was a pancake house straight across the street where we ate in the mornings, it was really nice and they had birds at the door when you walk in. There was a sign telling you not to stick your fingers in b/c they bite, but the gray and white one kept sticking his head up to the cage opening. I couldn%26#39;t resist! He loved his head to be rubbed.



When we went to both Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood, we were seated right away! No lines at either place.



We went to the Pavillion, and only our 2 year old rode anything, and he got to do that for free because of his age! It is such a shame that they are tearing that place down, for no reason.



We learned the hard way to NOT drive Ocean Blvd after mid-day to get back to the room. It was like the traffic was always at a stand-still. After that, we always took King%26#39;s Hwy to the avenue closest to our motel. It can get crowded too, but nothing like Ocean Blvd.



Since we were so far south of all the action, we drove to the Pavillion area to walk around and go in a few shops. We paid to park in the Pavillion%26#39;s parking garage once, then I found another place that was absolutely free to park. There weren%26#39;t any ';no parking'; signs, or meters or anything. Going towards the Pavillion from 17th Avenue South, right before you get to the Pavillion there is a Subway (On King%26#39;s Hwy), make a right here. Not even 1/10 mile down there is a huge sandy area on the right, looks like there was once a building there, that%26#39;s where we parked all day for free.



The funniest thing happened on Sunday night. We were all sitting on the balcony and the beach patrol drives up the beach and stops. He shines a flashlight in the weeds and this man jumps up and runs into the back parking lot of our motel. This man is so drunk he can barely walk, it was too funny. He had on a pair of pants, BUT one leg was full length, and the other was cut off really high on his thigh like shorts lol. So the beach patrol officer gets in his truck and starts to drive away (he was going to let this man go). Then the guy does something really stupid. He pees all over the side of an SUV parked there!!! Beach patrol gets back out of the truck and asks him what he%26#39;s doing, ';Just standing here'; he says lol. We could hear him all the way up where we were. I don%26#39;t know what happened after that b/c I couldn%26#39;t control my laughter and I didn%26#39;t want to draw attention to myself lol.



Well, sorry it was so long. I have tons more to tell, but this is long enough.



I'm Back!!! My trip report...


Oh, please do go on, I am enjoying the post! I was really hoping the Southern Breeze would have checked out as a decent place. I know the other hotel was owned by the same people, the website was the same, but for the price and the size of the room, I wanted to give it a shot. Would you recommend a return visit? I really like the smaller hotels, and less crowded beach areas. I am glad you enjoyed your vacation! I always enjoy the southern end of Myrtle, it does seem to be less crowded, and just as beautiful for a lot less money! Write away traveler, at least one ear here willing to give a listen! As always I%26#39;m looking for a new place to give my hard earned moolah to!



I'm Back!!! My trip report...


LOL. At least someone was interested.


Yeah, I would definitely return to this motel. Even though they had everything kind of messed up in the beginning, they made the rest of the stay pleasant. The room was REALLY clean and nice, definitely more that what I expected for the price we paid. Even the bathrooms were clean and you didn%26#39;t think twice about taking your shoes off when you went in. (I have encountered this before, YUCK!) The only problem was that the office closes at 11PM, so if you need anything you need to get it before then. The cleaning ladies were all super nice and made sure we had enough of everything and were there bright and early.


The view from the balcony was great. And it was so quiet at this motel. Not one time did we hear anything through the walls, or outside of the door. Maybe because when you check in they have this number to call to report loud noises and nuisances (sp?)


We didn%26#39;t go into the pool, but it always looked super clean and I never saw any sand in it. There were plenty of lounge chairs around it, too.


So, even though our experience wasn%26#39;t so good upon check-in, it was great thereafter. When we return to MB next year we are thinking of staying here again. It was a great motel, especially with a 2-year-old. I think maybe b/c it seemed more family oriented than a party place.


Just let me know if you have any more questions. And I hope that if you do decide to stay here, you have as good of an experience as we did (aside from the check in problem). If you request a top floor, make sure it is noted on your receipt when you get in in the mail. That is where they told us it should be noted. We will make sure of that next time.




Love the post....I also love the south end of Myrtle Beach. Love the small hotel/motels as well. Going myself in 22 days..YEAH!! Loved the story and hope you post more!! Tell me about the room you stayed in, was it a two bedroom or one! Can%26#39;t beat the price either!! Thanks!!




It was 2 bedroom. When you first walk in the door you are in a room with one bed and a couple of chairs. Then there is another door there that you can close for provacy, you go through that and there was the bathroom on one side and on the other side were the fridge, stove, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. There was a table big enough for 3 chairs around it. This room also had 2 beds a dresser, a few chairs and a television. Then, the best part, the door to the oceanfront balcony!!!



I was so suprised at how spacious the rooms were. And the little room you could close off (when you first walk in) was great if you have a large party and someone prefers that privacy. We just used it for our bags though lol.



I want to go back so bad now that I have been talking about it lol. I love, love, love Myrtle Beach!




I have to say I%26#39;m enjoying reading about your trip too! I%26#39;m leaving for MB 2 weeks from today, and I%26#39;m getting so excited!!!!!





We are also staying on the south end, at the Polynesian near 10th Ave. South, so your posts are not only enjoyable but really helpful. Not to mention, I wrote down the name of both of the motels you mentioned, just in case ours is a hole in the wall and we have to relocate. LOL!





Loved the story about the drunk guy!




17 days till I depart to the sandy shores of Myrtle for a wonderful eight days.........I haven%26#39;t bought groceries for three weeks, just saving my cash and stuffing away at that nest egg for beach related spending! I always try to clean out the fridge of all perishables before a trip anyway.





briezer_19.....both of the hotels have websites if you would like to browse them, www.southernbreezemotel.com and www.twilightsurfmotel.com





BeachButton.....I%26#39;m not sure of your drive time, but I am a firm believer of the weekend vacation. I set it up at work to leave early on a Friday at around noon, already packed and van loaded Thursday night, hit the road from work on Friday and be at the beach in no time! Enjoy a couple nights and head back home on Sunday afternoon. It%26#39;s a great stress reliever. That%26#39;s why I like the small. cheap hotels so much, I can have a great getaway for the weekend and get some sand in my shorts for less than 200 bucks (minus gasoline, depending on your motorized mode of transportation, mine loves the stuff!) Also I have met some great people at the small motels, feel more at home and a cozier atmosphere. I don%26#39;t like to feel crowded or rushed, I like the laid back stuff, I%26#39;m there for the sun, sand, and the sound of the seagulls calling......not for booze, broads, and beach parties. I%26#39;m definately looking for that parking area you talked about, I usually park behind the Ripley%26#39;s Haunted Mansion at that area and pay the ten dollars for parking, the guy always tells me it%26#39;s good for the week and I always keep my stub and hold him to his word, ten dollars versus ';0';, sounds like good odds to me! I have had good stays with Rob and Julie at the Gazebo Inn, www.gazeboinn.com, some of the reviews on here as of late have been unflattering, but I watched Rob clean the pool every morning and Julie at the front desk was always courteous to me, Dave is at the desk sometimes, he is the former owner, but they are all family,and I personally have never had a problem. I am staying on the northern end this visit, at the Carnival Motor Inn, www.carnivalmotorinn.com, a new place I%26#39;m trying, but very affordable for an OF efficiency, I%26#39;ll post my findings after I return of course. I may have to stop and look at the hotels you used on your visit, my father%26#39;s birthday is coming up and I had planned on finding him a gift while on my visit. I had toyed with the idea of paying for him a hotel room for a long weekend, and giving it to hil as a gift. He%26#39;ll have some time off at the end of August, that may work out perfectly! The twilight or southern breeze may fit the bill. I%26#39;m glad you enjoyed your trip, and I hope mine is just as enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment