Friday, March 30, 2012

Where to stay?

Hello,


We are looking into going to HH for the first time, and with 4 kids.....One 16yr old girl, one 13yr old boy, and two 10yr old girls. All of the kids like to interact with other kids there age, and both my husband and I like a place where we can split up, and take the kids to the pool, and the beach without being too far away from each other. We all enjoy a more upbeat surrounding, rather than a laid back one. Any ideas on where we should stay? Thanks in advance.



Where to stay?


Hi Sunless,





I don%26#39;t know if you%26#39;ve booked your trip yet, but I just saw your post and thought I%26#39;d offer an opinion. I just returned from a trip to Hilton Head with my family which included my 19 year old son, 13 and 11 year old daughters and 4 year old son. We stayed within Palmetto Dunes plantation and things were very laid back there. You mention a more ';upbeat'; surrounding...... I think you might really enjoy the Seacrest resort. As I understand it, it%26#39;s one of the nicest places on the island to stay and you are situated in the Forest Beach area, which is a great center of activity. You are right across from Coligny plaza, which offers a lot of restaurants, shops, even a grocery store and within a couple of blocks are a small water park, mini golf, and more great restaurants. A great idea is to rent bikes (almost everyone does). Any place you rent from will bring them right to you and you can enjoy the miles of bike paths that run throughout the island. Also, Seacrest if oceanfront and you could probably sit at the pool and see your kids on the beach you%26#39;re that close. Please understand, though, that the overall feel of Hilton Head is pretty laid back; not a lot of nightlife (most places close at 9 or 10) no neon lights, lots of eco friendliness.... definitely not a place to get crazy! Hope this helps and have a great time!!



Where to stay?


Thank you for your information. I%26#39;ll look into your suggestions. I really appreciate them so much!




There are a number of Seacrests available on VRBO or Cyberrentals.





or you can call Tiffany at the Vacation Company. They specialize in SeaCrest Rentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment