Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Avista, Compass Cove or Seawarch which one is better?

We are a family of 5 my kids like alot of different pools, and so do I, but I like the rooms to be clean and oceanfront. and at least have some music by the pool and chidren activitys .





I was picking these hotels, because they seem to have decent feedback, Although I am not familar with the area, I do know that there can be alot of traffic in the one area by the pavillion, I did not really want to stay there again .. Are any of these hotels there? Also any feed back would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.





Avista, Compass Cove or Seawarch which one is better?


Well I do know that it can get a little crowded at the Compass Cove area. We stayed there a few years back, however the kids love the pool areas. They have some of the better pool attractions and a lot of them. The Pinnacle building from what I have read on here has been reccently upgraded which is a plus. I stayed there when we came and that was the downfall at that time. The Mariner building is the newer of the buildings and it is great from what I have seen and heard. The Schooner is the little 5 level motel, never been in it don%26#39;t care to go in it either. Also, eventhough it%26#39;s about a 5-10 minute drive to the pavillion, I noticed that during the time we went there, it was extremly crowded leaving the hotel to get to the Pavilion. So there is a lot of traffic in this area.





Avista is at the North End of North Myrtle Beach. They have a sister property called the Grande Shores Resort that seems to be in a nice area. They just sent me an email response to my reservation questions and they were very helpful. They said they are in an upscale residential area and they are near the main street area which has a lot of local shops, stores, restaurants, etc. She said they are 5 miles from Barefoot landing which is a plus. 15-20 minutes away from Dixie stampede and Carolina opry area. And about the same for Broadway at the Beach. So this may be an option. Check out their website www.grandeshores.com. Reasonable rates for us as well. We will have 6 total in our group 3 adults and 3 children and they gave us a rate of $897.12 for a 2 bedroom condo. It%26#39;s oceanview since they didn%26#39; t have any oceanfront available but that is one of the best rates I have found for the area and the type of resort. The breakers and the hampton inn both were going to cost us almost $1,200 for the same amount of time.





Sea Watch, never stayed there but it looks wonderful. However, they make you stay at least 5 nights for the larger rooms. Because if I am not mistaken these are condos only, not regular hotel rooms. It looks wonderful. The pools look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment