Friday, April 27, 2012

Things to do and see in June - solo

My spouse will be going to Charleston for a week for work.

I will be going down but I would like to know what are the ';must'; things to do and see to occupy myself during the day while he is working. Also,. would like some ideas of things to do in the evening with my spouse...great restaurants, etc.

Thanks !

Things to do and see in June - solo

You will have a wonderful time. Charleston is a very manageable, safe, fun city. It is easy to walk everywhere in the historic district - museums, gardens, Battery, and the antique shops on King St., etc. You can get full and half tours from the Visitors Center to see the plantations.

Your hotel concierge and the Visitor%26#39;s Center will be your best resources in deciding how you owuld like to spend your time. i suggest you go to the Visitor%26#39;s Center on your first day.

Things to do and see in June - solo

You could start out with a tour of the city. If you%26#39;re solo, a walking tour would be perfect! Try Tommy Dew%26#39;s Walking tour (On the Market Tours) or the Original Charleston Walks company. I f you won%26#39;t have a car, you could use the trolly for transportation everywhere like the visitor%26#39;s center, homes, museums, or parks/gardens. The house tours in the historic district are another idea. There are 5 homes ($8-10 ea.), but for 39.95 (at the visitor%26#39;s center, you can get a 2-day heritage pass that gives you access to all 5 homes, both the Charleston Museum and Gibbs Museum of art, AND Middleton Place and Drayton Hall Plantations (which you would have to drive to). You do have to use the pass in two days, but if you see everything downtown, you have definitely paid for the pass! Don%26#39;t forget to stroll down Market Street King Street for shopping.

*ENJOY


I won%26#39;t be renting a car so please more suggestions for solo activities. I would love to visit the historic homes...and plantations so those would be on my list. can anyone recommend great lunch places ? I will be visiting during the week.


Do you know where you will be staying? A lot of what you will be able to see by walking will depend on that.


Hampton Inn Historic District


If you are there before June 11 you will be able to attend Spoleto Festival events. The festival started yesterday and has its finale on June 11.

As far as restaurants go, you will be in easy walking distance of a number of great places. My wife and I like the following ones.

1. 39 rue de Jean (lunch or dinner)

2. S.N.O.B. (Slightly North of Broad) Sophistical southern cuisine

3. Magnolia%26#39;s

4. Blossom

5. 82 Queen (a classic Charleston place)

6. Circa 1886 (dinner only; on the very upscale side)

7. Penisula Grill in the Planter%26#39;s Inn

8. The Charleston Grill in the Charleston Place Hotel

9. Sermet%26#39;s Corner (Good place for lunch; a place we visit repeatedly)

10. Anson (dinner only, I think)

11. Fulton Five (Small Italian restaurant)

12. Garibaldi%26#39;s (great seafood)

13. Hyman%26#39;s ( downhome seafood)

By the way, my wife and I are leaving for Charleston in the morning for a 3-day stay during Spoleto. If I see anything new, I will pass along.

Enjoy.

  • lock file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment