Thursday, April 26, 2012

Seabrook Island and Pelican Watch Villas

My husband and I have rented a villa(condo) in the Pelican Watch villas in July and we were wondering if anyone has stayed there and could give us some feedback on the place. This is our first time renting there ( we found Seabrook and the rental on the internet) and would be interested in what people who have been there before have to say. We were looking for a quiet spot to spend a week and Seabrook looks like t fits the bill.

Seabrook Island and Pelican Watch Villas

Hi,

I stayed in the Pelican Watch villas last October. I loved it!! We rented an upper unit. I spent the whole time on the beach or on the deck. The deck was perfect. If you want a relaxing time without crowds, then this is the place. I have been to Seabrook two other times. I stayed at other locations but this was my favorite. You don%26#39;t have to get in the car to go to the beach. You just walk out your door and you%26#39;re there. I just loved sitting on the deck and watching the people and the wildlife. We saw dolphins and even two small foxes playing. The sunsets were incredible!!! You%26#39;ll have a great time. Enjoy!!

Seabrook Island and Pelican Watch Villas

I agree. You will love it. Everything is in walking distance. I hope you rented a five-star Villa. They truely are the best furnished with all updates. If you have not. You can probably swithch to one. I also recommend an Upper Villa. Spectacular views and Sunset.


Thanks for the information on Seabrook. My husband and I stopped at Seabrook on our way home from Florida and toured the beach and saw the villa where we will be staying in July. It was all I hoped it would be. The beach is so nearby and looks just wonderful. We drove around the island and loved it.

It is always a little hard when you pick a place on the internet, we had never even been to South Carolina before, and renting a place to stay can also be a little scary. It tuned out we didn%26#39;t need to worry, Seabrook Island looks like just what we wanted.The Jersey shore has become just to crowded and somewhat of a joke. My parents live on Long Beach Island which used to be a great place to go, now it has tuned into a place that only cares about how many houses can be knocked down and some terrible looking thing replacing it. It is so sad to see that happen and that is why we wanted to find somewhere that would be a great new place by the beach. So Seabrook Island looks like that place for us.


My husband and I are heading to SEabrook Isl this week for a few days (from Maine) - looking at some condos to consider buying as investment/vacation place. We are staying at the Hammock Villa, I think. We plan on looking on Seabrook, Johns Isl, and Folly Beach. We have 4 kids 6-14 yrs old and we live a block from the beach in Maine.

Any thoughts, recommendations?


My parents own a townhouse on seabrook and go there 3-4 time a year. We go to pelican point every evening and watch the sun go down. It is breathtaking. The surf fishing is great @PP also. It is very laid back. no commercial touristy stuff there.


Sounds wonderful. Are there areas with restaurants, grocer or do people eat in a lot?


Bohicket Marina, just outside the Seabrook gates, has four restaurants. Rosebank Cafe, which is s favorite of ours, serves local specialties at lunch and dinner. There is an Italian ';bistro'; that does good pizza for a night in, a bar/grill, and a seafood place called The Privateer.

Freshfields Village, also, just outside the gates, has a fabulous super market, Newton Farms, that has everything you need to stock your kitchen and also does prepared food. Hege%26#39;s is a more high-end place for dinner. Vincent%26#39;s Drug Store has an old fashion soda fountain, if you want to grab a burger or a grilled cheese sandwich at lunch.

You can also go into Charleston or over to Kiawah for dinner.


Seabrooke- you will love it. We went there in April and I am

still not over being away-- I feel in love. I have traveled all over--

Bermuda, France, Hawaii-- I like this the best. especially for families w/ kids. I have three daughters 7 year old twins and a 5

year old. We flew kites, looked for shells, I am in love!

Kathy

  • desktop issue
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment