Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Legends or Carolina Opry?

Which of these two shows is recommended over the other and why? Have 2 adults with a 12, 15, 17, and 18 year olds who would like to book a show while on vacation.



Legends or Carolina Opry?


I haven%26#39;t seen Carolina Opry but a couple of years ago my husband and I saw Legends. It was a hoot. The musical talent was excellent and there was a lot of good family friendly humor in the presentation. And, to be honest, I enjoy the impersonation of the legendary stars, the *oldy but goodies*, better than any current performers. We have a photo commemorating the occasion... taken of us, Jerry Lee Lewis (Killer), and the Blues Brothers, in our den and are reminded of a fun night each time we see it.



Legends or Carolina Opry?


Both are very good shows...Carolina Opry has been voted one of the best shows in town for several years. For the age group of your children though I personally would have to strongly suggest Legends over Carolina Opry. I just think they may become bored after a while at the Carolina Opry so out of the two I would choose Legends. Have you looked into the Dixie Stampede? It%26#39;s a dinner %26amp; show that is very entertaining that is great for kids of all ages plus adults! Enjoy your trip!




I have to agree with AnyBob...even tho%26#39; I have had teenagers tell me that they have enjoyed the Carolina Opry --- you might want to check out the show they have there on Fridays called Good Vibrations --- its quite a bit different than the regular Opry show. This show is about 90 minutes long with no intermission, that focuses on the music from the 60%26#39;s, 70%26#39;s, %26amp; 80%26#39;s, its the same cast of the Opry, but a really different show....





I do like the Legends, but it really does depend on the slate of entertainers...like right now until July 3rd is Stevie Wonder, Alan Jackson, Elvis, Aretha and the FANTASTIC Blues Brothers. After July 3rd it will be the same group with the exception of the Blues Brothers. These guys are great! I%26#39;m from Chicago originally, and its hard to tell that these guys arent the real thing!.





With either of the shows you are thinking about seeing, book as soon as you can for the best seats. The Opry does tend to sellout on a regular basis. Here%26#39;s boths websites:



www.LegendsInConcert.com



www.TheCarolinaOpry.com





Have a wonderful time, and enjoy the show!





:)




The problem with Legends is that a lot, if not all, of the performers may be completly unknown to your kids. Therefore, they really wouldn%26#39;t appreciate how good (or bad) they were. Impersonators can vary widely in talent too. And if I never, ever see another Elvis wanna-be, it will be too soon!





I would put Legends on the bottom of the list of things to do. If it were just adults, it would be fun, but with the kids???? Maybe, maybe not.




We went to the Carolina Opry with 2 17 yr-old girls, and they did not enjoy it. I didn%26#39;t think much of it either. My husband enjoyed it immensely.



Have you thought about the Alabama Theater? Just got a mailing from them and they have some great shows scheduled this summer and fall. I prefe

No comments:

Post a Comment