Friday, April 27, 2012

Coming Fro UK

Hi



I am coming to Charleston for 3 days I have 2 half days and 1 full day to see Charleston. (June 1 to June 4 th)



How is the weather ? Do I need to bring any pullovers, etc? Is cotton okay?



How is transport? I am staying at Comfort Inn. Which places can I see on walk from there?



Thanks



Coming Fro UK


Which Comfort Inn? There are several.





The weather is hot and humid! When packing think - LIGHT-COOL-LOOSE! Cotton is fine. Just bring light cotton. Bring along sunglasses, sunscreen and plan to drink plenty of water. Tuck in a small umbrella in case of an occasional rain shower, although we have not seen any lately. If you are planning to be on in a theater, bring something with a sleeve because the air conditioning can get cool.





There is much to see and do here as you can see from some of the other postings. It is Spoleto Festival so there are many performances in the day and the evening. Tickets are still available to many of the performances.



Coming Fro UK


Hi SCBlossom,



Thanks a lot for the kind reply.



I am staying in the Comfort Inn at 144 bee Street. Near the MUSC.


How is the hotel just read some bad reviews (esp the area being unsafe) as I intend to walk around do you think the area is okay?



Or shall I book the Courtyard by Marriotte at 35 Lockwood?



Please advise



drpardha




Well, if you are going to be walking, I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;d choose that particular hotel. Nothing personal against the hotel, I%26#39;m just concerned with the area. Now that%26#39;s just my opinion, and you may get a few ';what is he talking about?'; replies. The hotel on Lockwood is a bit safer, but both of them are a long walk towards the (sorry to use this word) ';touristy'; areas. Personally, I%26#39;d try a place closer into town, but then you%26#39;ll see the prices go way up.





Either way, bring your swimming costume for the pool, have an ice lollie, and relax. Enjoy your stay, if you haven%26#39;t already left!




If you are coming June 1, don%26#39;t cancel your reservation until you have another one. You are cutting the time pretty close.





It%26#39;s going to be hot and humid. You definitly do not need pullovers. Cotton is your best choice. A cotton blend will be OK. 100% synthetic can be miserable in the heat.





Have fun!!




I agree with Floski and Aleen. You are coming during a peak time for hotel stays - Spoleto. Do not cancel until you have secured something else. You can always take a taxi or ride the bus to the downtown ';touristy'; area but it is a long walk from either hotel. Both hotels are pretty close to each other so one is not that much better than the other. That is not the best neighborhood to be walking around in at night. It is ok during the day but I would hesitate to walk around there at night. Both are on bus lines for day time transport but it would be better to plan to take a taxi at night. It should not be very expensive from any of the ';downtown'; hotels.





That Comfort Inn gets most of its business from people needing to be near the medical center. I do not know anything about the rooms so the postings may be a good indicator.




This may be too late but I%26#39;ll say anyway. Skip the Comfort Inn if at all possible that place is less than glamorous to say the least(and will soon be replaced if I heard correctly.) If you are staying in that area it is definitely not a place I would recommend walking from so look into taking taxis or the bus to the more active parts of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment