Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fall Candlelight Tours- Montagu or Legare?

Hi. I will be going to Charleston for the first time in October and want to do a Candlelight tour. Has anyone been on the Montagu or Legare tour? Is one better than the other? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.



Fall Candlelight Tours- Montagu or Legare?


Each year they are different and do different homes. I have done both streets and been a docent for several of the homes on various streets. Both streets are WONDERFUL and should be good. I have never been disappointed in any of the Candlelight Tours. If you can, do both! If not, I would probably do Legare.





One night just before Halloween I was a Candlelight Tour Docent outside a church that was just about a block from the Old City Jail. The Old City Jail was being used for a charitable ';haunted house';. I a funny sound. I looked up to see the ';Headless Horseman'; gallop by!



Fall Candlelight Tours- Montagu or Legare?


Thanks for the information and the ghost story! I%26#39;ll be on the lookout for the headless horseman. We will be doing the haunted tour as well so you never know...




I agree with Legare Street! Those homes are beautiful and close to the Battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment