Thursday, April 26, 2012

Probably wouldn't do it again!!

Hi, we just got back from MB this weekend. We arrived last Saturday night (the 20th), the tail end of the Harley Bike week and left on Friday the 26th the beginning of the Black Bike week. Both events were very noisy. The people were all very friendly, but it was LOUD and messy. I think that it was worse for the Black Bike week, but just because we were only there for the very end of the harley bike rally. On Thursday night we could not get back to our hotel on Ocean Blvd because of the traffic. Plus, the bikes would ride down between you and the car in the next lane, cut in front of you and then turn left. It was awful. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were great days but those other two days really did make me decide that I won%26#39;t be returning between the bike weeks. Like I said, everyone is friendly kind, but wow I couldn%26#39;%26#39;t sleep Saturday night or on Wednesday, Thursday nights because of the motorcycle noise.





I really loved my first visit to MB, but will plan better for my next return trip. :)





Deena



Probably wouldn't do it again!!


Went down on the 17th,18th, and 19th and had no problems.You need to know how to get around and where to avoid at what times.Stay in the area between 50th and 79th in the Northern section of Myrtle Beach and it will be more enjoyable. Where did you stay?



Probably wouldn't do it again!!


We stayed at Compass Cove. The resort was wonderful, it was just too loud those couple of days. Traffic was awful on the 25th also. I think that I like less crowds, so I will probably come back in the off season, but when it is still warm.




good thinking busymom...not only will it be less crowded but less expensive too.




We were in North Myrtle Beach for most of both biker weeks. Harley week was much more crowded and much noisier. No problems w/ Atlantic Bike week, whatsoever. Less crowds, less noise, and bikers were generally courteous and friendly. I cannot really comment on what is was like in MB, but no real issues in NMB. If I had to choose one of the two biker weeks to vacation in NMB, I would choose Atlantic biker week, hands down. I understand that the Atlantic Bike Week may be ending soon as developers have bought that area and will no longer host/promote Atlantic Bike Week. (Don%26#39;t know if ther is truth to that or not).




Thanks for that report. I think it helps to know what to expect during special events such as Bike Week, etc. Then you can make an informed decision.




Hey, usually in the summer time ocean blvd. is packed of the nights I know i stay in June and the traffic at times is horrible but we always take the back streets and Kings Hwy helps me out getting through the traffic. I hope this won%26#39;t make you not want to com back to MB. It%26#39;s really a nice place but you probably went at a bad time during bike week its ALWAYS LOUD %26amp; CROWDED. lol guess you know that now.




Oh My Gosh, of course I am coming back. I loved, loved, loved it!!!!!!! I just don%26#39;t really like that kind of crowd. Everyone was very friendly, I just didn%26#39;t like the way the motorcycles were zipping in nad out of the cars, making their own lanes, plus it was loud. I will just plan better next time on when I come. I think that September would be great. I just won%26#39;t come between bike weeks. If I could, I would relocate to MB, but family obligations keep me in Illinois right now. My dad is 82 and I have to help, and that is my focus now, but one day I will be moving closer to the beach.




Sure sorry you went to MYB during biker week(s). I own a place at Springmaid Beach and won%26#39;t go near it during the summer! Yes, it%26#39;s quite nice during the off season, especially October when the fish are biting and the children are in school.




Hey ncgator....Where did you stay in NMB for Harley Week? We were a block north of the Cherry Grove stoplight. From there north it was like ';Little Tiajuana';. I don%26#39;t mean to be non-politicaly correct but that%26#39;s the quickest way to explain it.



I think they had their own bike week up there. It was a 24 hour car and bike show rolling by our place. South to Boulineau%26#39;s, around the block and back north. Hour after hour.......Don%26#39;t get me wrong. They had some nice rolling stock and I enjoyed watching. But at 3 in the morning we were still hearing loud pipes roar by.




We stay a little further north in Cherry Grove (around 40th ave between the ocean and the marsh). I don%26#39;t recall anything like what you described. It%26#39;s possible I wasn%26#39;t down there that particular day, however. My family has been down the last couple weeks, and I%26#39;ve been down the last couple weekends....heading back down this Friday for the entire week. I did go to Harold%26#39;s on the ocean a couple weeks ago, a block from where you were staying (during Harley Week). It was a mad house, but a lot of fun (live band, and cold drafts!).

No comments:

Post a Comment