Friday, April 27, 2012

Is Savannah worth losing a day in Charleston for?

Hello Everyone,





I have one more question for you all, please.





We are only staying in Charleston for 4 days in early June. On one of those days, we were thinking of driving to Savannah since I%26#39;ve heard it was so close to Charleston.





My question is - is it worth missing one day of Charleston for Savannah - or is Savannah not as nice as Charleston in terms of scenery/things to do?





Thanks, all.



Is Savannah worth losing a day in Charleston for?


Personally, if you only have 4 days...I would stay in Charleston. Savannah is nice but there is so much to do and to see here. It is at least a 2.5 hour drive there - so 5 hours minimum on the road plus the time you would have for seeing things there.





If you were going to be here for an extended stay, yes it would be worth it. Just come back when you have more time.



Is Savannah worth losing a day in Charleston for?




I would say stay in Charleston---there really isn%26#39;t that much difference between the two---and it%26#39;s over a 2 hr. drive to get there--mabe if you have more time and would like to drive to Savannah then by all means go, otherwise stay put and enjoy your stay in beautiful Charleston. Have a good time!!!




Wow! I am sure that this would be a pretty heated debate between the two cities. Of course we all are going to rally for you to stay in Charleston.



Seriously, I think that Charleston is a more beautiful city and we have plenty of sights and tours to keep you busy while you are here. If you do decide to take the trip to Savannah it is about 2 hours away and as the previous poster mentioned that would mean alot of time in the car! So with that said Charleston should get all of the attention this trip! :-))




I agree with the previous posts. It%26#39;s a pretty town, but Charleston has A LOT more to offer - sites to see, restaurants, etc.




Savannah is nice but you need a local to really enjoy it. If you dont know where to go you feel like you are being taken advantage of like the rest of the tourists or you are in the ghetto.





Stay in chucktown.




Now I wont show any biased towards one place or another I have been to both places and returned 4 times now , will be returning this june/july .



Personally I LOVE BOTH PLACES , and would recommend both places also , but with only 4 days I would say stay in Charleston see al the sights , visit all the place . This will give you a great feeling and wanting to return on another visit . Your next trip stay in Savannah that way you get to enjoy the hospitalitie of both places .


Saying that if two hours drive away isnt much that much for you well just drive on the highway 17 right into Savannah .


I found no problem as a tourist to both Charleston or Savannah of being in a tourist trap and I didnt walk into a getto either . I would remind the last poster come to London England , you will then know what a tourist trap really is and also a getto .




Being from Savannah, I would naturally say....';Savannah is worth a lot more than just a day trip.'; I think it%26#39;s much more beautiful than Charleston. I can%26#39;t imagine just skipping through in only a few hours.



It%26#39;s the same thing with people staying in Savannah going to Charleston just for a day. You can%26#39;t do justice to both places. That time spent traveling could be better spent seeing what%26#39;s there.



And personally, if given the magical choice of going to Savannah or seeing Magnolia Plantation or Middleton Place at Charleston, I would pick Magnolia and Middleton and hope that one day I could see Savannah.



Have you thought about going to Beaufort? It would be a shorter day trip if you run out of things to do in Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment