Friday, April 27, 2012

New Hotel Dunes Village Myrtle Beach

This hotel was scheduled to open in May and then in July and now they have said it will be open in August. I am a little worried about making a reservation because no one there can tell me about any progress they are making.


Has anyone seen or heard anything about this new resort? It is on 5300 N. Ocean Blvd.



New Hotel Dunes Village Myrtle Beach


Road by it last week and not sure if it was open. Other good options very close by are Forest Dunes, Southwind, and Sea Island.



New Hotel Dunes Village Myrtle Beach


Can you tell me anything about Sea Island Resort? I am going in August with my family. Is it kid friendly?




Sea Island looks to be very kid friendly...nice pool area, great beach, and just up the beach from the Dunes Village...I%26#39;m thinking that that project isnt planned on finishing until summer or 2007, they have alot to do there, but looks great in the pics. You may have gotten the opening date for the Sea Island mixed up in there as they arent that far from each other and under contruction at the same time.





:)




Hi,



Maybe I should clarify:



I wanted to make a reservation at Dunes Village but when I spoke to someone on the phone they said they couldn%26#39;t guarantee that they would be open in time for August. So then someone suggested that Sea Island was also nice and I should try to make a reservation there.



I called Sea Island and made a reservation, but there are no pictures of anything on their website. I was a little worried that they might not be kid friendly. The reservationist told me they were finished with construction and the pools and water slides and outside was finished. Is there more construction going on there?



We are taking my mother-in-law with us also and she jsut lost her husband and I want this trip to be as nice as possible for her so that is why I am asking a lot of questions. Can you help?




Ok...yep, the construction is complete on the Sea Island, and they have been open for almost 2 weeks now. I had taken some pics right before they opened, that if you want, I can email them to you. Nothing of the inside, but I did do a walk thru the lobby and restaurant, and it is really nice. The hotel staff were more than accomodating (as they were before they renovated the property). I really think that you will enjoy your stay here, and the beach, IMO, is one of the best in the area. And by August I would think that all the landscaping will have time to mature, and the place will be really plush and green!





For a great beach experience, when you get there, check with the lifeguard out front of the hotel to secure beach chairs and a nice beach umbrella....its a nice touch, and for the time you spend on the beach, it really makes things comfortable....and not alot of $$





If you need anything else, just let me know!





:)




Thank you so much for the information on Sea Island I really appreciate it. If you have pictures I would love to see them.




I do have some pics (I should get by there and shoot some more now that they have opened!) that were taken at the beginning of May, about 2 weeks before they opened, I%26#39;d be more than happy to email them to you....seems the link I have posted does not load for everyone.





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment