Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best Time Ever!

Hey everyone. This is my first post on here so im going to make it an intro as well...My name is Doug and im 21 and a lifelong resident of NJ. I just got back from my 2nd vacation in Myrtle Beach..i went over 2 years ago and had a great time...But my most recent visit was even better. I went June 3rd to the 10th and stayed at a friends condo on the 15th floor of The Palace...I could go into so much detail about the trip but i actually have a few questions i would like to ask..

Being 21 i plan on moving out of my parents house in Hamilton NJ in the next 2 - 2 1/2 years..I can honestly say that i loved Myrtle Beach so much that me and 2 friends are SERIOUSLY looking into getting an apartment or some kind of place there for a 1 year first to see how we would like living there, and if everything went well we would look into staying for longer. I am trying to find out basic information like average cost of utilities, information on car insurance, employment opportunities, pretty much anything associated with living there..Everything down south is SO much cheaper then NJ..anyway..the small amount of research i have done so far only seems to lead me to basic vacation information however if anyone has lived here before or knows where i can get any information it would be greatly appreciated.. sorry for the long post but thanks in advance.

Doug

Best Time Ever!

Doug,

Glad you had such a great time in Myrtle Beach. I have lived here all my life and love it! I have a friend who just moved here from NY and she could not believe how much cheaper the cost of living was here or how much lower the taxes are. Being 21 especially in this town I assure you, you will never be bored and I honestly believe you would love it here. If you go to myrtlebeachonline.com (that is our local newspaper) you can find lots of information. On the upper left hand side of the page you will see real estate, apartments and jobs which should be useful. Then if you scroll down about halfway on the left you will see online extras then click on visitor guide. At the top of the page in blue you will see request free information...I would fill that out and hopefully they will send you something useful. Just explore this site and possibly even call the Chamber of Commerce (800)356-3016 and ask what info they could send you. What kind of work are you interested in? I will be glad to help in any way I can...just let me know and welcome in advance! :-)

Nicole

Best Time Ever!

Forgot one...myrtlebeachinfo.com is another useful site. It has a ahole relocation section! Good Luck %26amp; let me know how I can be of further help.


Go for it...oh, to be 21 %26amp; footloose :)

  • get their medical advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment