Tuesday, April 24, 2012

High School Beach Week

I am staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort the second week of June. My daughter has informed me that that is beach week for high school graduates. Does anyone know if this is true, and if it is crazy that week?


Also, the Caribbean Beach Resort is under construction and I have heard good and bad reviews. Any info regarding this?



High School Beach Week


I know of kids from my town that are staying there for senior week a week earlier than you are. I would call and get specifics about what will be up and running and what will not due to construction. I am not positive but I think they were told that they could use the pool next door. Best to check directly with them and see.



High School Beach Week


I would definitely call and check with the hotel. Most places are pretty upfront when you ask.





Both of my sons senior trips were during the first full week of June.




It%26#39;s been 13 years since mine...but if I remember correctly the first two weeks of June are definately ';Senior Week';. I believe that it isnt as crazy as when I went, the cops are much more strict now-a-days. Ahhh drunken teenage debauchery...those were the days. But I like you wouldnt want to spend my vacation amongst it now. Wow guess you do really live and learn. My suggestion....go to North Myrtle, much more laid back




And to add re: the question of constrution..yes -- over half of the hotel was torn down, and ALOT of construction currently...you may want to call and inquire on how that will affect your trip too. I think you may want to check more to the north of the dowtown area, say Forest Dunes, Sea Island, Monteray Bay, Grande Shores, just to name a few or head farther south say Garden City or Surfside or North Myrtle Beach. I dont think its as crazy as say either of our infamous Bike Weeks, but if you are being ';housed'; with a group of recent grads celebrating...hmmmm





:)




Hi I live at Myrtle Beach now thanks to senior week...



May 12 - 21 is bike week so not a good week to bring your kids for a vacation



May 22 -30 will be some seniors and memorial day tourist



May 30 - Jun 18 Senior week(s)


Myrtle Beach will be packed of 18 yr olds first time away from acting like chickens with their heads cut off.... If you are planning on visiting the beach during this time and would like a quiet vacation i would recommend booking a hotel in North Myrtle Beach




what about surfside? that%26#39;s the time frame we are going, in early june...don%26#39;t want to have to deal with a bunch of rowdy grads.




surfside is nice and you can get a better deal, stay out of the traffic



www.sciway.net/hotels/surfside-beach.html




bump for mike 13




Thanks all who offered their advice and suggestions.


We have decided to stay at the Caribbean Resort , mainly because it was too hard to find a larger room, and my daughters like the location. We%26#39;ll see!!!!!



I called the resort today regarding the construction and they informed me that only the indoor pool and kiddie pool are not open.



Again, thanks for all the info!




Thanks all who offered their advice and suggestions.


We have decided to stay at the Caribbean Resort , mainly because it was too hard to find a larger room, and my daughters like the location. We%26#39;ll see!!!!!



I called the resort today regarding the construction and they informed me that only the indoor pool and kiddie pool are not open.



Again, thanks for all the info!

No comments:

Post a Comment