Monday, April 23, 2012

Changes in Myrtle Beach?

From the posts that I have been reading, there are alot of changes that are happening at Myrtle Beach! We have always stayed at the Mom and Pop Motels! Nothing fancy about them, just a roof over your head and the beach at your feet. These seem to be a thing of the past. They seem to be getting torn down and a HUGE hotel with every ammenity available is being built in its place. I love going to the beach for the beach, not all that a hotel could offer a person. I love the beach!! They say the Pavillion is closing this year because the cost to maintain it! Times they are a changing. Call me old fashion and sentimental, but I loved coming to the beach when I was little and enjoying time without watching tv, and tons of activities, just playing in the sand with friends and family then heading out at night for a great meal!!! Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just out of touch!! By the way I am only in my 30%26#39;s!! Thanks for letting me vent, and I will still always love Myrtle Beach no matter what!!



Changes in Myrtle Beach?


I don%26#39;t think your out of touch. However, I think the problem with the mom and pop is that they aren%26#39;t clean anymore. You could get a nice little motel room with the basic amenities and be good. Now these places haven%26#39;t updated their furniture/sheets/TV/bathrooms/kitchens since the 70%26#39;s. That is just nasty to me. I for one can%26#39;t stand seeing certain things on my bed, sheets and in the bathroom. Mom and Pop are retiring and they are getting old and now they are selling to these big companies and moving to Florida. I still like the feel of Hampton Inns, Comfort Inns and alike. They are small enough that they still make you feel at home. But some of those are lacking in service now.





Also, Mom and Pop can%26#39;t afford to keep up with the bigger brands. They can%26#39;t upgrade every few years and they can%26#39;t repair things like the others. You take the good with the bad and the ugly.





I like the big pools at the new hotels. I would like the beach more but if you aren%26#39;t out ther before a certain time, you can%26#39;t find a decent spot and the dahgon beach umbrellas to rent are ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment